Businesses in Houston, TX can significantly reduce their business risk by carrying the appropriate insurance. Choosing the right coverage types takes careful consideration though. Heydari Financial Group can help you learn the ropes and determine the proper coverage options.
Ask yourself a few basic questions.
- What kind of business do you maintain?
- Where is the business located?
- Do you run a sole proprietorship, hire contractors, or hire employees?
Your answers to these questions provide a starting point. For instance, if you run a sole proprietorship, you’re not legally required to carry worker’s compensation insurance. Living in the Houston, TX area means flood insurance may also be a smart choice for your business.
The following types of commercial insurance may fit your business’ needs:
- Commercial property insurance
- Business income insurance
- Commercial crime insurance
- Equipment breakdown insurance
- Inland and ocean marine insurance
- Commercial general liability insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Workers compensation and employers liability insurance
- Business owners and farm insurance
- Business interruption insurance
- Group health, life or death insurance
Business interruption insurance provides coverage when an unforeseen event halts business. Commercial auto protects your commercial vehicle. Property insurance covers your building and its contents, including inventory, from theft or damage. Commercial liability insurance protects your business against lawsuits. Workers’ compensation insurance assists your employees if they incur an on-the-job injury. Group health, life, disability, or death insurance provides coverage to employees who opt for it and often provides reduced rate premiums to each employee.
Commercial insurance refers to a variety of policy types. Consider it more of a category of insurance that the agents at Heydari Financial Group will help you get to know and understand. Although it may seem overwhelming to read all the major types listed, most businesses only need a few policies. Reach out to our offices by phone or stop by for a visit to receive a quote and learn more about how to start a commercial insurance policy.