Your auto insurance covers you when involved in accidents or when any risk listed in your policy comes knocking on your doors. Unfortunately, just like other insurance policies, your car insurance doesn’t cover all risks — it has exclusions and limitations that you need to know for two reasons. Firstly, knowing what your insurance doesn’t cover smoothens the claim process. Secondly, understanding your policy exclusions helps you know what "riders" or "endorsements" to purchase.
Need to learn more about your auto insurance exclusions? Keep scrolling as Heydari Financial Group of Houston, TX highlights common risks not covered by car insurance.
- Excluded driver: If you have a high-risk driver in your household that hasn’t been included in your car insurance, your claim may not be honored if such drivers crash your vehicle.
- Intentional acts: If you intentionally harm someone else or your car, any damage or medical claims arising from this act will likely be turned down by your insurer.
- Medical benefits exclusions: MedPay pays for the medical expenses for you and your passengers when injured in an accident. However, this coverage won’t come into play when you suffer auto injuries during racing events, illegal activities, or using your car for commercial purposes.
- Mechanical failure: When your engine or transmission starts acting up, your insurer won’t come to your rescue even if you have collision or comprehensive coverage. Similarly, typical car insurance doesn’t cover normal wear and tear since it’s assumed you should take utmost care of your vehicle.
- Unapproved modifications: If the modifications affect the stability and integrity of your car, any accidents resulting after such customizations will be voided by your insurer.
Need to learn more about auto insurance? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Heydari Financial Group for more information. You can also pop in our Houston, TX offices to speak to one of our sales agents.