When it comes to owning a car, one of the most important things you can have is a good auto policy. Auto policies cover a wide range of things that many drives may not even be aware of, and one of them is contents. For those that live in or around the Houston, TX area, the agents that work with Heydari Financial Group can help you to find the perfect auto policy for your particular needs.
The contents of your car are covered in many cases of theft, damage, and even if the car is wrecked and your items are unsalvageable. This is a great feature of most policies that help to cover the cost of recovering or replacing items if your car is totaled or if it is broken into. You do need to make sure however that you are taking the time to create a policy that covers the contents of your car so that you can be sure your car is fully covered.
The contents of your car are likely only covered up to a certain amount unless they are specifically labeled or covered otherwise. A good example is someone that works out of their car or that carries work supplies and expensive work items in their vehicle. This means things like laptops, other computers, and other expensive supplies. Your employer likely has them covered if you are working for someone, but if you are using your items for your own business, you will want to have a policy that covers them.
If you live in or around the Houston, TX area, Heydari Financial Group’s agents can help you to create a policy that is specific to your lifestyle, your car, and needed coverage.
Your auto insurance policy protects you from financial losses in case of an accident. An insurance agent, such as Heydari Financial Group in Houston, TX, may help you find the auto insurance policy that best suits your car and its needs. If you do not understand the amount of coverage it offers, they may offer you help.
Who Is Covered When Driving Your Car?
- Understanding exactly who is covered when driving your car can be difficult because different insurance providers have different policies. However, all members of your household are covered when driving your car. They could either be your friends, roommates, or family that lives with you.
- If you allow friends or family members that do not live with you to use your car, and they get into an accident, your auto insurance will cover the claim. Your auto insurance policy would not cover you if a friend or a family member were driving your car without your permission. In such situations, they may have to use their own insurance.
- It is a good idea to include everyone that may use your car in your policy. Your auto insurance policy is for your vehicle and not for you. This means that in most cases, you will receive compensation even if you were not driving the car at the time of the accident. The only time when your auto insurance coverage won’t cover the claim is when you have excluded a friend from your policy, or if the friend that was driving your car did not have permission and is uninsured. If your friend was unlicensed or driving intoxicated, you could be held liable.
Contact Heydari Financial Group in Houston, TX to discuss a new quote for auto insurance. Our agents are ready to help you get started with a policy.
It is required by Texas state law that Houston, TX residents purchase auto insurance that will cover a certain amount of their legal fees as well as the medical expenses and property damage costs incurred to the other driver and his or her passengers. The key to knowing what other insurances may be required by law is understanding the no-fault state definition and whether this applies to Texas.
What is a No-Fault State?
There are two types of states: tort and no-fault. Laws in no-fault states vary, but in general, it means that individuals can have their losses paid for by the other party without going through the court system. It isn’t necessary in no-fault states to determine who is at fault in order for someone to receive payments from an insurance company, and each insurance company typically pays out damages to their own client.
This system lessens the chances of being sued, though the very real possibility of being sued still exists, especially if a driver has caused an accident with particularly severe consequences. No-fault state residents are required to purchase Personal Injury Protection or PIP insurance that will cover expenses related to property and medical issues, and this is not a requirement in Texas, as Texas is a tort state. This means that PIP is an option but not a necessity and that fault must be determined in an accident, insurance companies must pay for the other drivers’ damages, and parties are more likely to sue one another.
Heydari Financial Group is Here to Serve You
At Heydari Financial Group, we offer a variety of insurance types, including auto, homeowners, condo, commercial, life, and flood. We take pride in serving the Houston, TX area, and we look forward to answering any questions you may have regarding auto insurance. Contact us by telephone, online, or stop into our office to discuss the insurance products that are right for you.
Are you a Houston, TX resident who is looking for auto insurance? Heydari Financial Group can help!
But first, you may have some questions about what types of auto insurance are out there. Below, we’ll outline the five main types of auto insurance that you may need:
- Liability Coverage: This coverage takes care of personal property and bodily injury. You’ll find that you must have liability coverage in most states. In other words, it’s required by law unlike other types of coverage.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This type of coverage covers damage from weather events such as hailstorms or tornados. It also covers you if your car is stolen or broken into.
- Collision Coverage: This type of coverage — as the name suggests — will cover you in the event that you run into something such as a telephone pole, guard rail, or another vehicle.
- Personal Injury Protection and Medical Payments: These are two types of auto insurance that take care of medical expenses. For example, if you were in an accident and you or your passengers were seriously injured, medical payments insurance would cover you. On the other hand, personal injury protection or PIP covers more than medical payments coverage. It may end up covering things like rehab as well as lost wages and costs for funerals, etc.
- Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Coverage: If you end up in an accident with someone who is underinsured or uninsured, you’ll want to have this form of liability coverage.
Contact Us Today for All Your Auto Insurance Needs
If you are a Houston, TX resident, Heydari Financial Group can help you find auto insurance that meets your needs. Give us a call or stop by one of our office locations to sit down with an agent. We hope to hear from you soon!
We at Heydari Financial Group, serving Houston, TX, recommend taking certain steps to protect your car from a break in. Here are a few ways that you can do that.
Close Your Windows
When it is hot outside, you may crack the windows on your car or leave your sunroof open a tiny bit. This may help to keep your car cooler. However, it also allows thieves easier access to your car. Close all of the windows to your car when you exit the vehicle.
Park in Lit Areas
A thief wants to go undetected and remain under the radar. As such, they are less likely to break into a car that is in a well-lit area than they are into one that is in a darker area. It becomes easier for the thief to work in areas where it is hard to identify them should they be caught in the act.
Don’t Keep Valuables in the Car
The last tip to prevent your car from a break in is to remove all valuables from your car. If you are shopping and have bags, place them in a trunk. If a thief can see items, they are more likely to break into your car. However, if your car looks empty, there may be no incentive to break in and steal.
If you are in the market for new auto insurance or are looking for quotes, be sure to visit Heydari Financial Group, serving the Woodlands and Houston, TX. Our agents can help answer your questions and guide you through the auto insurance process.
As you shop for auto insurance in the Woodlands, Sugar Land, or even Houston, TX, it’s important to look to see if you are covered against the various scenarios such as hit and runs. With the help of the agents at Heydari Financial Group, we will see to it that you have the coverage you need.
Basic Auto Insurance
Basic auto insurance is what the state requires. When you live in Houston, TX or the surrounding areas, you have to adhere to Texas standards for bodily injury and property damage liability. Once you have met the minimum levels, you can choose to go above and beyond in your auto insurance coverage.
It’s a good idea to add comprehensive and collision coverage so that you are protected against other scenarios. Otherwise, you could end up getting into an accident and have to spend money out-of-pocket because you don’t have the necessary coverage on your policy.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Hit and runs occur when a person fails to stop after causing damage. If the person “runs,” you have no way of finding out who they are insured with to file a claim. However, if you have uninsured motorist coverage on your policy, you are automatically covered against hit and run. It makes the assumption that the person had no insurance and therefore it allows you to get the repairs done to your vehicle without having a significant amount of money spent out of pocket.
If you come out of a store and find out your car was hit or if you get rear-ended and the person continues speeding down the road, these all count as hit and runs. You should have the necessary coverage to be financially protected against such things.
Contact us at Heydari Financial Group today to learn more about getting auto insurance that provides you with the sufficient coverage you need on the roads. Also, try our online rating tool for quotes on auto and home insurance.