New drivers may be understandably nervous while they adjust to the rules of the road and get comfortable behind the wheel here in the Houston, TX area and around the country. To help people master driving safety, here are a few tips from us at Heydari Financial Group:
- Make sure you’re familiar with all local traffic laws. You’ll need to know what signs mean, how fast you can go in certain areas, and other information that may be specific to your area.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times by watching for pedestrians, bicyclists, other vehicles, animals, and anything else that could present a potential hazard on the road.
- Always use your turn signals when changing lanes or turning at an intersection, and check your rear-view mirror every time before doing so.
- Don’t speed – not only will this put yourself and others at risk, but it could also lead to hefty fines! Stick to the posted speed limit whenever possible.
- Never drive distracted – this means no texting or talking on the phone while driving (if it’s allowed in your state). Eat meals or snacks before or after your drive, if possible, so that you can keep both hands on the wheel and remain focused on the task of driving safely.
By following these tips, new drivers can feel more confident as they navigate their way around town safely and responsibly! For more tips on staying safe behind the wheel, call us at Heydari Financial Group today. We proudly serve the Houston, TX area and would gladly help.